Pages

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Confronting Climate Change


I learned that Climate change denial is the term used to describe how individuals and institutions downplay or ignore the extent of climate change, its significance, and its origins in human behavior. Denial happens in defense of financial interests, but also to protect individuals from facing the prospect of a climate-changed future and the changes they would need to make in their behaviors and lifestyles. It is especially prevalent amongst the populations of high-income countries.
I also learned in the IPCC 2007 AR4 report, it is predicted that by the end of the 21st century, climate change will result in:
-A probable temperature rise between 1.8 °C and 4 °C, with a possible. temperature rise between 1.1 °C and 6.4 °C
-A sea level rise most likely to be 28-43 cm
-Arctic summer sea ice disappearing in second half of century
-An increase in heat waves being very likely
-A likely increase in tropical storm intensity.
There are also different DATA IN CLIMATE CHANGE ANALYSIS like rainfall, rainy days, typhoons, maximum temperature, flooding, Ground Water Potential (GWP), humidity, and cloudiness.
The impacts of climate change may persist for more than 1000 years, even after human-induced emissions of CO2 stop completely. New studies find that warmer temperatures and changes in precipitation caused by CO2emissions from human activity are largely irreversible.
All of these impacts and predictions really make me worried and scared. That's why I suddenly have this to urge to really help preventing these things and avoid contributing to it more. I will share all the things I learned here to others by joining the campaign for Climate Change Awareness and will do my best to share these knowledge.
I watched a presentation about Climate Change and it’s impacts in our planet.
I participated in the online discussion by expressing thoughts and ideas about this topic in my blog and by sharing what I learned on the presentation that I watched.


0 comments:

Post a Comment